IV Infusions & Injection Therapies
IV Infusions & Injection Therapies: a Drip or a Shot
What are IV Infusions and Injections Therapies?
IV Infusions and Injection Therapies are different methods of administering medication into the body.
- Involve the slow introduction of medication directly into a patient’s bloodstream through a vein.
- Takes longer than injections, but allows for a larger volume of medication to be delivered.
- Generally used for hydration, medication delivery, and for patients who cannot take medications orally.
- Involve the direct introduction of medication into the muscle.
- Quicker than IV infusions and can be used for short-term, quick-acting treatments.
IV Infusion Benefits
Directly replenishes fluids and electrolytes
Can be customized to meet individual needs
Injection Therapy Benefits
Quick delivery of medication into the bloodstream
Can bypass digestive system, increasing efficacy
Can treat conditions that cannot be effectively managed with oral medications